Who Are We?

Earth-Watchers are a diverse group of individuals who share a common interest in protecting our planet. We meet once a month to discuss how we can shed environmental impact pounds and live "lighter," on the earth. We focus on individual actions as well as community systems to help us meet our goals.
Click Here to Learn More about us and our Current Goals

Earth-Watchers meet in downtown Manhattan on the first Tuesday of each month. To learn more, to join, or to start a group in your community please email us at earthwatchers@yahoo.com.


Friday, June 13, 2008

Meet the Team

Denise: Founding Director
I founded Earth-Watchers a few years ago during my pregnancy. The prospect of raising my child "green" and safe from harmful chemicals, was incredibly daunting and overwhelming. I knew I needed help. I would often make a commitment to do something and then slip up as soon as temptation arrived. I am grateful to have a support group who not only "gently" hold me accountable for my actions but provide me with countless helpful suggestions.

July goal: Drink only organic and shade grown coffee READ MORE:

Heather: Outreach Director
July goal:
Replace all personal care products(shampoos, soaps, sunscreen, make-up, etc.) with natural products that are paraben and phthlate free READ MORE:
CJ: Marketing Director
I live in lower Manhattan and recently retired from the office to full-time
CEO
of the household. Although my new boss(son) is very good to me,
my more familiar
self is challenged daily. All priorities indeed change
-go figure. Or, is it now go green?

Lately, I rethink every-day choices in an effort to support a healthier
environment for
my son to thrive and contribute. Ultimately, my goal is
to lead by example.
The Earth-Watchers group is my resource for
support and practical alternatives.
July Goal:
1)Consume more local produce and eat less meat
2)Save and re-use my to-go sleeves on my take-out coffee cups
READ MORE:


AB: Financial Director
July Goal:

Reduce My Use of Disposable Diapers by Using G-diapers Instead

RG
July Goal
:
Reduce My Use of Paper

RM
July Goal
:
Shorten the Length of My Showers

Ellen:
July Goal:

Save All My Scrap Paper and Turn Them into Notebooks









No comments: