Who Are We?

Earth-Watchers are a diverse group of individuals who share a common interest in protecting our planet. We meet once a month to discuss how we can shed environmental impact pounds and live "lighter," on the earth. We focus on individual actions as well as community systems to help us meet our goals.
Click Here to Learn More about us and our Current Goals

Earth-Watchers meet in downtown Manhattan on the first Tuesday of each month. To learn more, to join, or to start a group in your community please email us at earthwatchers@yahoo.com.


Saturday, July 5, 2008

Denise's July Goal: Drinking Only Shade Grown and/or Organic Coffee and Tea

Goal: To abstain from drinking coffee that is neither shade grown nor organic.
I'm really excited about this month's endeavor since it is something I've wanted to do for a long time, in fact since I posted last summer, The Decadence of Coffee. Since then I've found two new breakfast places, which we love, where we can enjoy a delicious cup of organic coffee(Le Pain Quotidien on Warren and Church) and shade grown organic(Pan Latin Cafe on North End Avenue and Chambers in BPC). So, on the weekends our breakfast options will be limited to these two places, unless I forego my morning cup of Joe, or I'll have to brew my cup of ambition at home. For this, I prefer national wildlife federation's blend from Green Mountain Roasters. I'm looking for more places to get locally ground coffee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise - I live in Hanover, NH and thought of the idea of Earth-Watchers as I walked home from the bus (we live in a suburban/rural community, but we do have some public transport). I am trying to reduce the total miles I drive each year. Using my business training, I dutifully made a spreadsheet, factored in specific long trips my family and I take every year, and figured I could drive no more than 20 miles per day. Not hard, when you live only 1 mile from town. But my 50 mile round trip to a particular outdoor supply store earlier this week ruined my average. I started thinking about how helpful it would be to share goals with others and get support from each other, just as people do at weight-watchers. Anyway, when I Googled, I found your group in NYC. Any thought of franchising? C

Denise Trezza said...

Hi Lyn,
Would love to talk more, and to possibly have you join our team. Please send me an email directly to: earthwatchers@yahoo.com and we'll talk.